This policy pertains to all LARC facilities.
To gain access to a LARC facility at UCSF complete the following:
i. Medical Health Questionnaire and training – see https://iacuc.ucsf.edu/training
ii. The PI or Alternate Responsible Individual of the protocol generates a modification request in RIO to add the user(s) on the applicable IACUC-approved protocol
- There is a check box on the modification page that indicates changes in personnel only, which IACUC office staff can approve quickly if all the above training is completed
- Wait until the modification is approved by the IACUC office before beginning work with live animals.
iii. Proxy ID cards: Getting Access
- UCSF Proxy ID Cards- sign up for an appointment
- UCSF Proxy ID Cards - "Care & Feeding Tips"
- For more information and to make an appoint please visit the Police Department Website
iv. Facility Access request – see https://iacuc.ucsf.edu/step-4-animal-facility-access
Feel free to contact the IACUC Training group with questions, [email protected] , or 415-476-2197.