This policy pertains to all LARC facilities.
- To gain access to a LARC facility at UCSF complete the following:
- Listed on IACUC-approved protocol
- BRER I, BRER II (anesthesia or surgery) and Species-specific hands-on training class
- MHS Questionnaire
- Barrier Online Training
- Animal Facility Access Form
- Facility Orientation
- In-And-Out Barriers
- UCSF proximity card
- Scroll down to bottom of page for information on how to gain access to Neurobehavioral Core for Rehabilitation Research (NCRR)
- IACUC-approved protocol: You must be listed on an IACUC-approved protocol.
- This must be done by the PI or Alternate Responsible Individual of the protocol by generating a modification request in RIO. There is a check box on the modification page that indicates changes in personnel only, which IACUC office staff can approve quickly if all the above training is completed.
- Wait until the modification is approved by the IACUC office before beginning work with live animals.
- Contact the IACUC Training group with questions, [email protected] , or 476-2197.
- Complete the required training
- MHS Questionnaire
- Online Barrier Training:
- If you need access to the PSB rodent barrier facility on the Parnassus campus or the Animal Tower In-And-Out Barrier facility on the Parnassus campus also take the Rodent Online Barrier training available within the training portion of UC Learning Center (see above instructions).
- Facility access request: Complete the Request Form for Facility Access form and the LARC Access Approval Form and bring to the LARC supervisor at the time of your in-person Facility Orientation.
- For the Parnassus campus (PSB and Animal Towers) bring the completed and signed form to S488 for proxy card activation.
- For all other campuses, the LARC supervisor will complete the steps to activate the card.
- In-Person Facility Orientation:
- In-And-Out Barriers: Complete the signature page of the Policies and Procedures for In & Out Barrier
- This packet is also available during the Facility Orientation. Read this packet which details the proper use and your responsibilities for using the In & Out Barrier. Complete the last page and return to LARC.
- Proxy ID cards: Getting Access
Access to Neurobehavioral Core for Rehabilitation Research (NCRR):
- To access the NCRR at PSB, personnel must meet all requirements to gain access to PSB as well as the requirements specific to NCRR.
- NCRR requirements
- NCRR website
Feel free to contact the IACUC Training group with questions, [email protected] , or 415-476-2197.