To order VETERINARY specific drugs or supplies, email [email protected]
- Common veterinary agents available include isoflurane, antibiotics, xylazine, bupivacaine, meloxicam and carprofen.
- Check if the drugs are in your protocol. All agents purchased must be listed in the correct section of Section I of your RIO animal use authorization.
- All orders are subject to LARC surcharge fee.
- Pick up area at PSB is vet nurse office
- Pick up off campus- LARC office of each vivarium/ building
ALLOW 24 TO 48 HOURS FOR ORDERS TO BE FILLED:
Please give the following for each order you need placed:
Recharge code: example C00.01
Your PI name:
Phone number :
Your location, building:
To Order Controlled Drugs: KETAMINE/ BUPRENEX/ EUTHASOL
- Controlled Substances (such as ketamine, barbiturates, buprenorphine): work with your OEH&S Departmental Safety Advisor (DSA) to set up your Controlled Substances Authorization (CSA) and purchasing, storage, and records-keeping practices. Click here for EHS CSA program.
- LARC DOES NOT order controlled substances for research laboratories:
- Your lab manager needs to place order. You will need special logs, locked safe and EHS will provide the institutional research DEA authorization number(s).
- Look up price and part number thru Patterson Veterinary supplies/ or Henry Schein Animal Health
- Place order thru Bear Buy system for UCSF shopping of supplies
- If you need help, contact the person listed on your protocol as your CSA, or Daisy Palma.
To Order Medicated Rodent FOOD/ CHOW:
- Email Thru LARC at [email protected]
- When placing order, indicate whether you need IRRADIATED FOOD or NOT
- Food order takes 1 month to arrive